This year the EC is looking at specific ‘societal challenges’ to be addressed by large scale projects. There will be €84m available, with about a 70/30 split between larger and smaller projects.
The six Societal Challenges likely to be included in the 2011 calls are:
- Europe moving towards a new path of economic growth and social development;
- Economic, social and political conditions for satisfying the world food needs;
- Sustainable health behaviours in Europe;
- Tacking poverty in a development context - Specific International Co-operation Action (SICA);
- The evolving concept of borders; and
- Cultures of Corruption and resistance to corruption in the private and public sphere.
UKRO are wary about widely distributing the WP, but if you would like to talk more about your work and your options, drop me a line.