The ECR Network exists to offer mutual support to academics at the beginning of their careers. The sessions complement the Grants Factory workshops, and provide advice on establishing your career.
There will also be opportunities to meet others informally and share the highs and lows of getting started in academia.
- Using Social Media to Support your Career: Friday 21 November 2014, 2:30-5:30pm
- Getting Published: Targeting the Top Journals and Writing Book Proposals: Thursday 22 January 2015, 12noon-2pm
- How to Win a Postdoctoral Fellowship: Thursday 29 January2015
- Coping with Rejection: Wednesday 4 March 2015, 12noon-2pm
- How to Overcome ‘Imposter Syndrome’: Wednesday 8 April 2015, 1-4:30pm
- Alternative Funding for Research: Wednesday 20 May 2015, 2-4pm
- Getting Recognition: Promotion & Pay at Kent: Date TBC
Details of some events (such as the time and venue) are still to be confirmed. The events are open to all at the University of Kent. Contact me for more information, or if you would like to take part in any of these events.