After the hours of fretting, worrying, and of explaining the potential benefit to a sceptical audience, I was really pleased to see this interest. Moreover, I was pleased to see the quality and diversity of the research that had been put forward. It demonstrated a vibrant research culture, and I felt humbled to be a part of this world, both at the University, and as part of a national and global endeavour.
There were 12 winners in total: three faculty winners in each of the three categories, and three overall winners. They were:
- Research Prizes
- The University Prize for Research: Prof Jon Williamson (SECL)
- Early Career Research Prizes
- The University Prize for Early Career Research: Dr Harmonie Toros (Politics & International Relations)
- Postgraduate Research Prizes
- The University Prize for Postgraduate Research: Giovanni Travaglino (Psychology)