- Stakeholder involvement is key;
- Projects need to be ambitious and bold;
- They are especially interested in looking at 'oven-ready' interventions that change behaviour and can prevent dementia;
- Social care research is seen as a particularly rich seam that has been under-researched;
- They would welcome the wider involvement of social sciences.
Thursday, 5 July 2012
ESRC & NIHR Call for 'Oven-Ready' Dementia Interventions
The ESRC and NIHR whetted the sector's appetite for their forthcoming Dementia Initiative by holding a workshop for prospective applicants on Tuesday. The Call Specification is now on the ESRC's website, but there were some interesting points that came out of the workshop :