The Wellcome Trust will be visiting the University on 23rd February 2017.
The Trust last formally visited Kent some six years ago and in that time their funding schemes have changed considerably, with more emphasis on multi-disciplinary, collaborative research.
Wellcome is the largest non-governmental funder in the UK and supports health research from the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
The event is suitable for academics, researchers, PhD students and grant support staff from all three faculties.
Please see the preliminary agenda below and register to attend here.
If you can’t attend but are interested, do get in touch with Dr Carolyn Barker via email. We would be happy to forward any questions to the Wellcome Trust staff or arrange further meetings.
Wellcome Trust visit
23rd February 2017
- Rodger Blake: External Liaison Manager
- Alexina Weekes: Grants Adviser Infection & Immuno-biology team
- Paul Woodgate: Portfolio Developer Humanities & Social Science team
10:00 – 12:00 An Overview of the Wellcome Trust
Grimond Lecture Theatre 2
An introduction to the Trust, including details of recent changes and new funding schemes. The session will include tips from recent Kent award holders and review panel members
Afternoon Specific Faculty-Based Session and 1:1 Discussions
(time and location tbc)
- Life sciences session with Alexina Weekes: Grants Adviser Infection & Immuno-biology team
- Social sciences/Humanities session with Paul Woodgate: Portfolio Developer Humanities & Social Science team
Time to discuss individual application ideas with Wellcome