Wednesday 14th Dec, 2pm
Canterbury Campus, Room TBC
Working with those beyond academia has become increasingly important in recent years: forming strong, productive links with non-academics helps to develop, inform and disseminate your research. But how should you identify suitable partners, and how can you make sure that your relationship is mutually beneficial, long-lasting and sustainable? This session will be led by Janine Coomber and Kimm Sutter from Kent Innovation and Enterprise (KIE). KIE is the sister service to Research Services, and provides help and support in forging links outside of the University to exploit the findings of your research.
This interactive session will cover:
- The benefit of working with external partners;
- Who those partners might be, and what they need to know;
- Understanding what makes your research unique, and exploring the market;
- Practical hints on how to find a partner, and identifying who can help;
- Examples of successful collaboration.
The workshop is free and open to all, and refreshments will be provided. However, spaces are, as ever, limited, so do get in touch if you want to come along.