12-2pm 27 November 2013
Getting published is the cornerstone of a successful and sustainable academic career. A good publication record will have an impact on your promotion, but also on your chances of getting external research funding. In this workshop, Prof Mick Tuite (Biosciences) and Prof Sally Sheldon (KLS) will be joined by Richard Hart (Hart Publishing, Oxford) to discuss some of the key issues you need to consider when seeking publication, including:
- Choosing the right journal;
- How articles are selected, and what makes an article attractive to an editor;
- Responding to reviewers’ comments;
- Writing a book proposal and securing a contract;
- Dealing with co-authors;
- Managing your portfolio, and knowing when to say ‘no’.