- outputs pre-published in 2007 may be submitted as long as they were not submitted to RAE2008
- the number of outputs required of ECRs remains as in the draft criteria
- a new tariff has been introduced for the number of outputs required of staff who work part-time, go on secondment or have career breaks
- working methods are now common across the whole exercise; not distinguished by panel
- a reduction of one output per period of statutory maternity or adoption leave is allowed, with no minimum qualifying period
- a reduction of one output per period of ‘additional paternity or adoption leave’ lasting 4 months or more.