This seminar, following the style of the previous PVC seminar, takes the Radio 4 ‘In Our Time’ format to explore the issue of institutions in the present global climate. Are institutions the source of knowledge and power in the contemporary global world?
- Professor Jeremy Carrette (SECL, Religious Studies) will chair a discussion on the theme of institutions with five academics from the University of Kent from across the fields of sociology and political science. Professor Carrette has recently secured the largest grant in the AHRC’s Religion and Society Programme for a project looking at religious NGOs and the UN.
- Dr. Gulnur Aybet (PolIR) a specialist on NATO, the EU and security issues
- Dr. Patrick Brown (SSPSSR) a specialist on healthcare institutions
- Dr. Frank Grundig (PolIR) a specialist on international institutions
- Dr. Monika Krause (SSPSSR) a specialist on humanitarian aid and NGOs
- Dr. Adrian Pabst (PolIR) a specialist on institutional economics